Thursday, October 23, 2014

New Release, "The Poplar Clique"

This is my newest image entitled, "The Poplar Clique."



This group of poplar trees is located about 3 hours east of Portland in Boardman, Oregon. This is an enormous tree farm spread over thousands of acres located just a few miles south of the I-84 freeway at the junction of US 730. If you find yourself visiting Portland, Oregon, then this place is WELL worth the drive. I just cranked up loud and jammed to some old late 80's tunes in my 2015 Nissan Altima rental car, sang along to U2, INXS, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Yes, the Scorpions, Van Halen, etc. as loud as I could to the steering wheel, and before I knew it, I was there...

I have been wanting to visit this place for the better part of 6 months now, and during my visit this last weekend, I only barely begun to scratch the surface of all the photo opps for this vast forest. So, you can bet this will be a spot I will be returning to many times over the course of the next couple of years...

I spent most of the late afternoon until about 1/2 hour past sunset roaming around scouting, making notes, and taking test shots. But at about 1 hour before sunset, the trees facing into the sun (backlit by the low angle of the sun) we just glowing yellow-orange-red under their canopy of fall colored foliage. I cannot really accurately describe how overwhelming this glow was for as far as my eyes could literally see...the best I can do is present this picture to give a bit of a semblance of what my eyes actually witnessed. And I hope you enjoy my efforts to try...

The title is another play-on-words using the similarity of the words "Popular" and this tree type of "Poplar" and the word "Clique" (meaning a tight group who hang out together) to create meaning paralleling the idiom, "The Popular Crowd."

Camera settings: ISO-75, 16mm at f/2.8 for 1/60sec

Peace,
D."Bodhi"

No comments:

Post a Comment